Sunday, December 30, 2018

Impulse Engine


One of the other mods I want to do is add an impulse engine.  In one of my earlier posts I had included an image made by Andrew Probert.  In that image he indicates "Impulse engines should be in a vertical slot from just below the shuttlebay wrapping around to a similar spot underneath."

The image below shows the planned cutout, I think I will look good.


The following image shows the impulse engine slot cut out.  One thing of note is by cutting this section out, I am actually cutting one of the location pins used in assembly,  so I glued a piece of plastic to act as location pin, but to also act as a light block from the rest of the back section.



You can see here the slot, I think its going to be good.  Someplace around this place I have a scrap piece of plexiglass. I am planning on cutting a piece out that will fill this slot, I may have to shim with plastic, but once lit, I think it would be looking excellent.  Which brings up a question, what color should the impulse be for Romulan Ships?  I've seen yellow, not sure, what do you guys think?


I am going to be putting the windows into the sides of this thing soon.  One method I saw was to use a template, sounds like a brilliant idea. 

That's all for now, have to make dill templates, maybe I can get the holes before I party tomorrow night.

You all have a Happy New Years!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Slow getting started again

Its been a while since I posted here.  Sorry, I have 15 million interests and it takes a while to get back into the swing of things sometime...